September 14, 2009

Bachir Gemayel




Image of mine are you just a myth?
Aiming for the stars and a need to exist
Singing your life to its final bar,
Staging all the scenes to avoid who you are.

Idol of mine will you lead me on?
Build for me the dreams that I'm longing to own
Make me secure - be my fallacy
You are all my world if for only today.

And live for ever more...

Heroes I call for you
Legend to feed my heart and soul
Heroes I cry for you
Legend will bleed your heart of soul.

 

Bachir Gemayel (November 10, 1947 – September 14, 1982) was a Lebanese politician, militia commander, and President-elect. He was a senior member of the Phalange party and the commander of the Lebanese Forces militia amid the first several years of the Lebanese Civil War (1975-90). He was elected President on August 23, 1982 while the country was torn by civil war and occupied by both Israel and Syria. He was assassinated on September 14, 1982, along with 26 others, when a bomb exploded in the Beirut headquarters of the Phalange.

No comments: